Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The day before my criminal law exam, I've been dreaming of home. I come from a small little town close to the sea in Perak, tropical Malaysia. So small and so little, yet such a big part of me.

It is something that I'm quite used to and think nothing of living in a small tropical town but I could imagine it being a whole different world to others out there. I think I could still possibly be a 'kampung boy (village boy)' through and through, I'm quite proud of it really. I have always been proud to be HockChiew/FooChow, a Christian, and to be from Sitiawan.

I've always wanted to show some of my New Zealand friends this part of me, but none of them have made the effort to visit me yet (I was especially disappointed when my ex-gf didn't want to come, but it does cost a bit). But that doesn't stop me from spamming you guys with pictures!

The little jewel in my backyard, Pulau Pangkor. Very small, very secret, but some of the best coral reefs and beautiful beaches!
http://www.pulau-pangkor.com/

And where I'm going to spend a considerable amount of time in Malaysia, Marina Cove. Lovely little beach and great fun for a game of beach volleyball, or a swim in the pool, or catching the crabs and fish in the sea, or lazing around getting a tan (not that you want one in malaysia, it's much better to look fair in malaysia), or watching the packs of monkeys that come to the seaside, or just enjoying a nice dinner at the japanese restaurant. Sigh... dreaming of home...
http://www.cuti.com.my/hotel/info.php3?id=1804&hotel=Sherwood+Marina+Cove+Lumut

Back in paradise in a month's time.... Can't wait :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to go on random, unplanned, spur-of-the-moment overseas trip. Unfortunately nobody else is crazy enough to splash a thousand bucks or so on such a weekend. =(

I was gona go to Malaysia in Feb, though, spend a week or so there with a friend but due to some change in plans I'm just travelling via Sydney (mmm Kangaroo meat). Pity, I could have met up with a few ppl, so many ppl in Malaysia man..

Good luck for exam tmr and hope you have fun when you go back home =)

De Kiwi said...

you should come to Malaysia then and visit me~~ you'd be worshipped since everyone loves the korean culture. and better yet you could convert them all to taro slushi-ism (u still owe me one btw!)