Thursday, March 29, 2007

Excerpt from "Emma"
I wondered if you would find this letter
To leave you in such a manner is my one regret
And yet.. my heart at this moment is somehow strangely filled with calmness and peacefulness
Even knowing it was a love that could not come true for us...
To be able to reach out to you like this..
I was truly happy
The precious memory of you will always be with me
Though we will live apart
I wish you happiness for all time.

I hate sad endings. :(

Emma is the tragic tale of a romance that blossomed but was always doomed to failure.
It main theme is about the difference between different classes - the gentry and the lower class - that was prevalent in the Victorian Era and which still exists even in some socieities today and the exposes the unjust consequences of such a aristocracical system.
Sometimes we have to make the hardest decisions now for the best future.
How will we ever know whether that hardest decision was the right one?
Can love conquer all? Can it truly bridge the gap between two worlds?
Don't be stupid and decide to be a hero and take the fall for me, we're in this together, love is all there is. True love is a once-in-a-lifetime thing.
As long as there is hope, the human spirit lives on.

3 comments:

>>>Alan said...

very deep indeed...hmmm

spanks said...

I feel your pain.. I think you need some... fresh meeaatt!

LaiNe said...

You sound so emo but that's all good, at least your still the Charles I know because of that. Would really love to hear you sing and play again, maybe at conference..hehehee. Take care, friend.