Tuesday, July 31, 2007

If you've not heard, the taliban have taken 23 koreans volunteers hostage and demanded that the Afghanistani government release prisoners or otherwise they will kill the hostages. They have already killed 2 of the hostages, Shim Sungmin and Reverand Bae Hyung-kyu. 

These Koreans have no ulterior agenda, they aren't political plots, they are mostly students just wanting to offer hope to the Afghan people. How have the Taliban, a pseudo-muslim political organisation, reciprocated? In DEATH. It breaks my heart.

I know this isn't the first time the Taliban have taken and killed hostages. However, somehow I am affected by the plight of these hostages, I don't know why, I just am. So this is my simple desperate plea for prayer for these hostages.  I won't call for action to be taken because I know how complex, it's not a matter that can be solved so easily.

My heart goes out to those who are still being kept hostage. To those that were martyred, they are with Jesus and will receive the highest honor, they gave up their lives trying to give back some of the life that Jesus gave to them. My prayer is that God will be their comfort and their strength and that God will let them know that we are praying and thinking of them.

Please, keep them in your hearts, minds, and soul.



1 comment:

irvinz said...

bro, they aint students aye!