Friday, May 05, 2006

Well I have pretty much decided to try out for NZ Idol 3 (hopefully I don't live to regret this!) and hopefully I do get around to sending in the registration form because Monday is the final date that it has to be received! However I have been at my wits end deciding what my audition piece should be, so I have come up with the brilliant idea (if it works!) to put up a list of possible songs that I would like to do and have you guys tell me which song I should do!

Now I don't think I'm the best singer out there, I am far from it, but I love to sing and I would definately love the chance to get some guidance from professionals (like Suzanne Lynch who trains the singers while they are on idol).

For an audition piece, it needs to be a piece that will impress the judges, that reveals the strength (and not weaknesses) of my voice, it needs to be memorable and I must be not wearing tight leather hotpants while singing it (or any other embarassing items of clothing, ie. spandex or a tutu). I would love further suggestions too if there are any songs you think I should consider, but here is the current list!

Angels (by Robbie Williams)
Eternity (by Robbie Williams)
My Girl (by ??)
Your Song (from Moulin Rouge)
Like a Bridge Over Troubled Water (by Simon & Garfunkel)
If You're Not The One (by Daniel Bedingfield)
Let Me Entertain You (by Robbie Williams)
Sukiyaki (cover by 98 Degrees)

Please comment and give me feedback, I could be the next idol (or William Hung)!!

2 comments:

Oopsie Daizies~ said...

U can do Robbie Williams very well! If it will be my opinion, Angel or Eternity!! *winks*

Anonymous said...

i like sukiyaki. i once heard the boyz II men version when i was like in std 4 or so. it made me cry. i think it may still if i had a listen to it again in one of my blue days.