Thursday, August 26, 2004

Isn't it funny the games we'll play in the name of romance? The dilly dallying, the beating around the bush, the playing hard to get, the "oh shld i call, is it too early, am I being desperate?" and the hints we drop? Sigh, why do we do such things? I'm not sure with couples, but right now as a single person, I guess it's a method of minimising our risks, to make sure if the other person does like us before we make our move or if we'll let ourselves submit to the power that love. Or in the pursuit of love anyways. The dropping hints here and there is just like the lady dropping the hanky hoping that the guy will pick it up and introduce himself, more often than not, the guy is too busy staring at her bum and the lady loses a perfectly good hankerchief! Sigh such is the world we live in! But i guess most of us want a sign that the other person is at least slightly interested in us before we pull the "are we more than friends?" line and dropping hints and hopefully receiving the proper signals allows us to do that.

How do you make someone love you? Such was the question posed in Bruce Almighty and deserves to be contemplated! Wouldn't it be way easier if we were all just arranged to be married to someone like the indian tradition? Sigh then there wouldn't be this waste of energy and effort on all this pussyfooting around! I estimate an increase of productivity by 300%! Sigh, class is getting to me...

But love's a funny thing, and something we all hope to attain! Life definately wouldn't be as fun without it. It is truely the spice of life (magnifico!)! And so with the hope of eternal happiness, we slave on and meet the world each day in hoping that we'll meet that special someone. So what's the conclusion of this discussion? Nothing really we're back where we started, this is a BLOG not a scientific or spiritual journal! Whaddya expect?!
John Mayer - Love Song For No One
"Searching all my days just to find you
I'm not sure who I'm looking for
I'll know itWhen I see you
Until then, I'll hide in my bedroom just staying up all night just to write
A love song for no one
I'm tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here
So tired of being alone
So hurry up and get here
I could have met you in a sandbox
I could have passed you on the sidewalk
Could I have missed my chance
And watched you walk away?"
I just copied and pasted this coz I find this funny and relevent to the topic (u might argue but this is my blog so shuddup! ;P). I'm not desperate or anything, but it's true, I write love songs for no one, I find myself whispering "i love u" and i feel so fulfilled and happy, but who am I really talking to? I don't know, maybe God, maybe myself, i'm hoping it's not my ex, and who knows? What's important is I get satisfaction and happiness outta it and I'm content wif that!
What'd I do today? Felt pretty awake actually for having only a couple hours of sleep! Enjoyed class today, too bad I started enjoying it just before hols start and when the next half of semester starts i'll be back to being a bum. Had hip hop class, was really good and challenging but I was on top of it today! Normally half way through the dance I suffer from sudden amnesia and end up look like a dork having an epileptic fit but not today! Must've taken the right pills or something. I'm really enjoying hip hop class (not just becoz of the pretty girls, i know that's what u guys are thinking!) but I've always enjoyed dancing! Had a couple years where I was involved doing jazz for a yearly show but that ended, and haven't done anything (except choreograph my church's dance) really till now. And I'm enjoying the challenge... but not so much the sore leg muscles after...
Looking forward to the ball on sat, and skiing the week after, i reckon it's gonna be rad, bodacious and all that jazz... It's so easy to dress for a ball when u're a guy aye? Same suit, same shirt, same pants, hopefully not the same underwear as the last ball tho, and u're done. Ahh it's good to be a guy. :) Anyways, enough for today! Will tell u more when I'm closer to the action!
Blog Ya Later,

No comments: