Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Wow 2 blogs in one day, may this be an omen of better things to come?
I'm still awake, it's 1.57 AM now, and an update on my status is........... worthless because it's not likely my whole world has changed in half an hour, is it?
But I read my last blog and it seems kinda sad, it's not supposed to be, it's just that the song reminds me of a couple of things, I'm actually doing tons better than the beginning of the year and have rebuilt my life~ So do not fear my fellow flightless birds and human readers, I will not turn suicidal nor will I become a field fisher (as from the story I heard as a wee one of crazy people going to the middle of a soccer field with a line and rod).
Why'd I blog again? I don't know really, but I can!! and that's good enough for me~ Sigh sleep deprivation causes abnormal behaviour and logic failure (let that be a warning to u young'uns!).
But really, the heart of the matter is I was asking myself why has blogging caught on? And is it going to stay?
Obviously there's the issue of the blog being like a diary (not a DAIRY that u go to for the milk) but then there's no privacy as any random person can just come along and read your every personal intimate thought. Hmm.. big problem there..
Then again there's also the idea that we all want to be famous, and having a blog helps in a small way to achieve that. We feel important (diary's make us feel so too) that there is someone we can report our day to. Does it even matter if anyone reads our blogs? Probly not, as proved in me adding this very entry to my blog! With a proud circulation of one (the other guy got x'ed by the govt for his conspiracy theories on Helen Clark (NZ PM) being a man called Bob), this blog is no mere achievement... IT IS NO ACHIEVEMENT.
Anyways I guess that adding an entry in a blog makes you feel like an editor, or a newsreporter, or a celebrity, and that makes us feel important. WANTED even?
So, is it here to stay? Or is it a fad like the forgotten ecircles.com and Osama Bin Laden t-shirts? I guess only time will tell and this is a cop out answer so that I can get to bed now coz I shld sleep! Class tomorrow!
ARGH

Anyways,
Blog Ya Later,

No comments: