Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Just going through some old poetry I wrote a long time ago, you can find them on www.poetry.com if you search for Charles Ling :) The first one I wrote was about the experiences of a new father arriving at the hospital after his son was born, and the other I just imagined a mum reading a bedtime poem (that's what it's called) to her child just before she sleeps. Enjoy! :) I don't know why I wrote these since I have't gone through these particular experiences, but I guess I put myself in those positions as I wrote those poems.

A Joyful Moment

I walk into this building of death;
Of gloom, sadness and hopelessness;
With leaden feet and a beating heart;
I quickly brace myself for my part.

I feel a lump in my chest;
No feeling can deny,
A joyousness no words could express;
I hear a gentle cry.

My eyes I keep tightly shut,
If not they'd flood Noah's Ark,
A baby boy lies in her hands,
I can't believe God's plans.

That God would bless such a soul;
A wretched creature, I confess;
I hear a faint gentle whisper;
Of bliss and joy and happiness.

I hold him with my hardened hands,
He's small and tiny like a toy,
He's what I feel the world needs,
To bring forth new hope, love and joy.

Charles Jun Ling

A Bedtime Poem

Tonight whilst you sleep in bed,
I'll send angels to watch over your head,
As shooting stars slowly pass you by,
I hope that in your dreams you'll fly,
To happy places, and happy times,
Meeting familiar faces of many kinds,
Of cheery hello's and great goodbyes,

I hope you'll dream of happy thoughts,
Of English fleets and Spanish ports,
And while you rest your head in bed,
Dream of St Nicholas in his sled,

Don't worry how to make the world right,
But think of happy times,
And then the world will seem bright,
As you go to bed,
Good night, sleep tight,
Tonight.

Charles Ling

No comments: