Monday, September 26, 2005

If only you'd see under the rust you'd see that there's gold,
If only you'd see through the sea you'd see the fish,
If only you'd read past the cover you'd find the full story
And if only you'd see through my face you'd find the real me.
But you only look and you compare,
And although there's plenty much nicer,
But no one as true or as heartfelt as me,
Who cares for you truly and deeply and wants you to be
The best person you could ever possibly be
But you might never find out because you only looked
And don't yet see....


I dunno what you call that, but it's what I feel. I guess it reminds us that everything is like an ogre... or an onion.. because they have layers. And nothing is ever as simple as it looks. Just like God can peel through the layers and get straight to the heart of the issue to give us what we NEED, not want; we need to try to peel through some of those layers.
In 1 Samuel 16:7 it says "The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart"
We are by no means God, but I believe that God understands how to truly judge a man's actions, after all, HE MADE US, and we should try our best to follow in His example by looking past the flesh into the heart, by pulling apart the strongholds in our lives, by peeling away at those layers. Then maybe we could discover what God really has in store for us.

~I thank you for being in my life, even if only for a brief moment, because every smile and laugh we had made my day. Who knows, one day I hope you'll see the gold beneath the rust :)

No comments: