Saturday, October 15, 2005

Came across some really powerful writing recently:
Think it's called "Tired of it all"

I'm not afraid to love, and thus I cannot be afraid to lose,
But even glass smashed to dust cannot be repaired,
Every man can only walk so many miles, every cat can have only so many lives.

I hate how it feels, how i want you to know but I can't tell you
these words that are in my heart.
I hide them because I am torn between two realities, both seemingly without you,
So maybe I prefer to bide my time in this fantasy.

I'm scared, because everytime I open up my heart all I get in return are flattered rejections,
And I'm tired of it.
I know I shouldn't feel this, maybe it's not right, maybe all i need to do is grow up.

But I am a man of passion, yet i have tried to tame it over and over again,
But the fire's already a blaze, it just needs someone to enjoy the warmth.
Before it engulfs me and the flame is extinguished forever.

Perhaps that is what you were, what you are, and what you will always be, never to be more than,
The object of my affections.

I'm tired of trying to facade my way to you,
Of putting up this front that hides the real me from you
Because all it does is reveal to you something that I'm not,
And hiding is always the easier way out.

I'll come around, I always do, I'll do the right thing and tell you my feelings,
And spend the next few months piecing my heart back together again.
Everytime that happens, I'm a little weaker, and a little lesser stronger,
and I'm tired of it all.

No comments: